Saturday 26 December 2015

Cylinders & Pistons

I have quite a few combinations of barrels and pistons and the time has now come to sort a set out for this bike. The first set I have chosen is +10 thou. The wear is minimal and the pistons are OK - what I'm not sure about are the rings. Fortunately I came across a set of NOS Triumph ones. I had been quoted near on £70 from a rings supplier for new ones!! So the next stage is to clean the bores, hone and fit the new rings.


Hopefully I will get the engine complete by the end of January!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful restoration project ! I discovered your project when googling on 3T cylinder barrels. I'm just starting up a -46 project and your blog will definately inspire me ! By the way, I'm searching for a cylinder barrel and your text says you had a few combinations. Is there any left that you might sell 7 years later :-) ?

    ReplyDelete