Tuesday 12 April 2022

Rear wheel bearings!

 I find it rather amusing that the replacement bearings for the rear hub (not spung hub) come to almost £400.00 from traditional bearing suppliers.
Surely there must be a sensible alternative? I was thinking of taking a standard taper bearing to the nearest outer dimension and making a sleeve to emulate the original for the inner.

This is for another 3T that I own and fortunately both of the 1163X bearings (W7A part number) and the 1120NI outers shells a fine.


When I have experimented with this, I will post back

These bearings are for another 3T that I own and I hope to restore that a little more quickly this time!!


1 comment:

  1. Interesting, I'm rebulding my wheels as well and have currently Timken X2911 that can't be found :-(. However, these have completely different dimensions from the 1163X-1120NI you mention. Is your other bike another model or does it fit with different sizes ? Thanks

    ReplyDelete