Thursday 23 September 2021

It lives!

By the weekend, my replacement magneto had arrived and the new clutch springs.

A sunny afternoon and what better than little exercise by kicking over the Triumph.

After a bit of faffing around there was a fire from either cylinder but not fully when hey presto, the bike sprang into life. A momentous day! I suggest this bike has not been on the road for atleast 40 years plus!

One problem was the oil pressure gauge - it doesn't register anything BUT the oil is returning to oil tank (viewed from the filler cap).

Another bizarre thing is that I got the ignition timing wrong but it did restart a few times and ran well.

So a few more jobs to do and whilst I await a few bits (including a new loom - the one I have is rubbish) I will sort out another pressure gauge and re-seal all of the covers - once the timing is set correctly!!

So - progress!

I will embed a video of the bike running next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment