Thursday 26 August 2021

One step forward, two steps back?!

 Sheesh, I really thought I was making headway until I noticed the handlebars would not sit straight. Careful examination showed the top yoke (H380) was bent.



It is difficult to see but the top one is the bent one and the lower one is a spare I have. How I even managed to put this on quite a while ago without even noticing it, I have no idea. So a strip down of the front forks to replace the tope yoke was done (again):


Whilst about it, I was able to make the drain plugs for the fork oil - 2BA stainless fits very well! One tricky thing to do is to remove the damper retaining bolts at the lower end of the fork tube. Now I know why this spanner has a chamfer on it:


It just about allows you to undo the bolts!












No comments:

Post a Comment